Recreation for All
Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation & Culture programs and services are accessible to people of all abilities. We strive to provide support to people of all ages to assist them in overcoming personal barriers to participation. There are a variety of programs, services and adaptive equipment for all.
Overview of Programs and/or Services
Leisure Wellness Program -This program focuses on recreation as one component of a recovery plan and is offered in partnership with the Fraser Health Region, Mental Health Services. For details call Shayna Funk-Larmor at 604-467-7303.
Personalized Assistance (Leisure Access) -Available for customers requiring support to participate in our programs and services. To apply for personalized assistance, please fill out one of the following forms and submit to customer service. For details call Petra Frederick at 604-467-7355.
Registered and Drop-In Programs and Services- Parks, Recreation & Culture offers a variety of registered and drop-in programs and services. All our programs and services are inclusive and welcoming of all individuals and abilities. Here are examples of a few programs and services offered:
- Adaptive Aquatics (swimming lessons)
- Weight room Orientations
- Adult Fitness Registered Programming
- Yoga - Yoga for Pain and Anxiety
- Dancefit - Beginner
- Exercising Control Over Arthritis
- Tips, Tricks and Tools to Manage Arthritis
- Parkinson’s & Exercise
- Cardiovascular Disease and Physical Activity
- Adult 55 Plus
- Active Aging - Get Up & Go!
- Choose to Move
- Adult Drop in Services
- Water Wellness
- Accessible underground and over-height parking
- Accessible entrances with push button access
- Elevator access
- Accessible washrooms located on both the first and second floors
- Accessible change room with a portable ceiling lift and change table (please ask customer service if you are requiring access to the ceiling lift)
- Accessible pool with access via a dry floor lift and pool lifts into all pools including hot tub
- Pool/shower chairs and walkers for use by public
- Accessible weight room with specialized cardio and weight equipment
- Accessible racquetball and squash courts
- Accessible gymnasium and multi purpose rooms
- Fully accessible Youth Centre with elevator access